Masters In Journalism And Media in Canada
Numerous ambitious journalists can fly to Canada for pursuing a course of Masters in journalism & media. This is for the reason that this course prepares the apprentices to turn out to be extremely talented journalists.
Furthermore, there is correspondingly no dearth of prospects for media persons in Canada. Briefly, studying a course of Maters in Journalism from a prominent University in Canada, can be extremely beneficial for you. Proceeding on this track, today here we are sharing with you a complete guide discussing nearly all the details about pursuing a course of MS in Journalism & Media in Canada.
Why You Need to Take-Up a Course of Maters in Journalism & Media in Canada?
There are several advantages of pursuing a course of journalism at a Canadian campus. For example, by learning journalism in UK you automatically get access to an excellent training in journalism. We have tried our best to gather few of the crucial whys and wherefores for the reason that you require to pursue journalism & media in a Canadian campus:
- Several giant news channels are existing in the UK.
- By perusing journalism in UK, you can gain applied world acquaintance rather than just only academic knowledge.
- According to a report, the worth of the Canadian entertainment bazaar is heading to range 64 billion Canadian dollars in the approaching eons. To acquire everything regarding the entertainment market of Canada.
- Scholars who are learning journalism in Canadian campuses receive access to hordes of remarkable hiring prospects.
- Canada lines the best of the line training establishments as soon as it comes to perusing journalism.
The entire duration for completing a course of master’s in journalism in Canada is around 1 to 2 years. Throughout the course, you will study everything to understand elaborate style of writing, social media ranking, and much more. In addition to this, you will also learn more about audio and video creation, graphic and website designing, and broadcast journalism, and more.
Canada has few of the finest and top-most academies once it comes to studying a Master’s in Journalism & Media. Above and beyond this, you also receive an opportunity to acquire from few of the most celebrated experts of journalism across the world. Below mentioned are few of the top-most universities of Canada in which you can pursue a course in journalism:
- Concordia University
- McGill University
- Ryerson University
- Western University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Ottawa
The eligibility criteria for perusing a course in journalism at a renowned University in Canada is in subject to the course that you select to study. In addition to this, it might correspondingly fluctuate reliant on the university of Canada you select to study a Master’s in Journalism & Media. The succeeding is the criterions of eligibility to attain admission in a course of journalism at a reputed university in Canada:
- An Under-gradute degree
- GPA score: 3.0 to 4.30
- IELTS score: 7 to 7.5
- TOEFL score: 105
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of funds
- Proof of accommodation
- Work experience certificates
- Visa, etc.
Read Also: Study In Canada
Below are mentioned the documents, that you will certainly require if you design to pursue a course in Journalism & Media in Canada:
- Academic transcripts
- IELTS record
- TOEFL record
- GPA record
- Statement of Purpose-SOP
- Letter of recommendation-LOR
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of funds
- Certificates of Work experience
- Recent photographs
- CV/resume, and more.
Below is a guide that you can follow to pursue an admission in a course of masters in journalism at a reputed Canadian university:
- The primary step is to confirm the course of journalism that you want to pursue and make research to explore the right campus for yourself.
- Visit the internet site of the university to learn more about the criteria of eligibility for getting enrolled in a program of journalism/media.
- Submit application form
- Submit necessary documents
- Pay admission fee
- Appear for the interview
- Wait for LOA
- Apply for a visa and sail to Canada for perusing journalism.
Cost of Education
The total cost of perusing a course in journalism at a Canadian university fluctuates that is conditional on the program that you are planning to join. But on an average, you will in total need around 5000 to 30,000 Canadian dollars (CAD) per annum to pursue a course of master’s in journalism & media from a reputed Canadian university. In addition to this, you will also need around 900 CAD per month to cover the entire cost of living. Though, this sum varies as it is entirely reliant on the standards of your living. Below mentioned are the cost mentioned for studying a course of journalism at different Canadian campuses:
- University of Ottawa: 4,000 CAD
- Concordia University: 15,000 CAD
- Ryerson University: 25,000 CAD
- University of British Columbia: 28,283 CAD
- Western University: 30,900 CAD
There are a great number of grants that are offered for aspirant journalists in the Canada. Nevertheless, you essentially have to meet certain admissibility conditions if you plan to attain a grant for funding your course. Following are the various grants offered for aspirant journalists in Canada:
- Alison Hardy Memorial Bursary
- A.O. Tate Memorial Award
- Raveena Aulakh Memorial Award in Journalism and Communication
- Mark Gayn Award
- Matt Walcoff Memorial Award
Canada is the ideal location for you if you are yearning to study mass media and journalism. The state features few of the finest training institutions of journalism across the world. In addition to this, the entire fee for perusing journalism is as well not that high in the universities of Canada. Accordingly, if you are a wishful journalist then you essentially need to complete your senior studies at a Canadian university.
What's Your Reaction?